[Xen-users] Re: My 10th virtual machine doesn't start (Luis Raddatz L.)

   8. My 10th virtual machine doesn't start (Luis Raddatz L.)

There is a maximum number of virtual machines?
Cause my virtual machine number 10, can't start.
This is the error.

[root@pinot4 auto]# xm create vmwin10.hvm
Using config file "vmwin10.hvm".
Error: Device 5632 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not found.

When I shutdown any of the other virtual machines, vmwin10 start normally.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Luis

You are being limited by the amount of loop devices available. Depending on your system, e.g. Centos, add `options loop max_loop=32` to /etc/modprobe.conf and give your dom0 a restart.

It will boot up and generate /dev/loop0-31 rather than the default / dev/loop0-7

Thanks,

Thomas Brenneke
Network Redux, LLC