[Xen-users] "mount: unknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'"

Hi,

trying to convert a VMware Linux installation to a XEN VM, I copied the
harddisk
image. I was expecting problems, but this is what I got:

------------snip
# xm create -c vm2
Using config file "/etc/xen/vm/vm2".
/dev/hda: No medium found
mount: unknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/xen/boot/domUloader.py", line 495, in ?
    main(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/lib/xen/boot/domUloader.py", line 489, in main
    sxpr = copyKernelAndInitrd(fs, kernel, initrd)
  File "/usr/lib/xen/boot/domUloader.py", line 397, in copyKernelAndInitrd
    part.mount()
  File "/usr/lib/xen/boot/domUloader.py", line 241, in mount
    raise RuntimeError("domUloader: Error %i from mount %s %s on %s" % \
RuntimeError: domUloader: Error 8192 from mount  -o ro /dev/mapper/loop0p2  on
/var/lib/xen/tmp/sda2.y8hPAK
Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!

Now, does that mean LVM is unavailable with XEN? I was also hoping a Dom0 LVM
LV
could be used as disk in DomU (which would be managed by LVM there in turn).
Did
anybody try somehting like that already?

Regards,
Ulrich