Re: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] HVM WinXP dom crash

On 9/10/06 8:19 pm, "jdsw" <jdsw2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ok.. I would not worry about the WRMSR warnings.
But how do I get pass the ROMBIOS problem ?

ccing devloper forum,in case someone knows about this particular issue.

The hvmloader binary is definitely out of sync with the Xen binary (hvmloader’s SVM hypercall interface is older than the Xen that you are running knows about). This might be a misfeature of the FC5 packages, although I haven’t heard anyone else report this problem.

If you want to play with the best-possible bits right now, particularly for HVM guests, I recommend you download binary tarballs when we release 3.0.3-final in a few days, or grab the xen-3.0.3-testing.hg repository and build it yourself. Then you’ll know for sure that everything is in sync.

 -- Keir