Re: [Xen-users] VM boots BUT keep throwing: "INIT: Id "X" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes"

Hallo Jeffery,

>> # Run gettys in standard runlevels
>> 1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
>> 2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
>> 3:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
>> 4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4
>> 5:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty5
>> 6:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6
>>
>> I'm guessing that it is having trouble finding tty2 through tty6 but
>> that is just a guess.  Hopefully someone with more expertise will answer
>> soon! - John
>
> I am getting similar errors as well while trying to launch my Suse 10.0
> vm under SLES 10. Can anyone else shed some light on this issue or how I
> can debug this problem ?

What do you want to debug? In a Xen DomU there is only one tty, the tty1.
This is the tty, you connect to when you type xm console <domU> in Dom0.

All other ttys don't work, so mingetty will respawn endless. So commenting
out all ttys but tty1 will help. Of course, you have to 'init -q' to
reload the new config.

Gruß,
cp

--