Re: [Xen-users] booting FreeBSD DomU

post your xm config file-  i think root needs to be 0x03 or something.

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Andrey Khavryuchenko wrote:

Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:26:05 +0300
From: Andrey Khavryuchenko <akhavr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] booting FreeBSD DomU

Hi!

May anyone assist me with booting FreeBSD DomU (under Debian Dom0).  Now
I'm using the kernel-current, downloaded from  Kip Macy site at
http://www.fsmware.com/xenofreebsd/7.0/download/

The problem is that I can't specify _any_ root, the kernel can recognize:

Mount point / had 1 dangling refs

Manual root filesystem specification:
                      eg. ufs:da0s1a
 ?                  List valid disk boot devices
 <empty line>       Abort manual input

mountroot>

And here I'm stuck since it even doesn't allow me to enter a char.

I've tried several vfs.root.mountfrom specifications per googled advises,
including /dev/md0, /dev/xbd0a and /dev/xb769a, but with no success.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

--
Andrey V Khavryuchenko