Re: [Xen-users] /home on domU

rajarshi das wrote:
Hi,
On SLES10, I have a separate /home partition on dom0 which is mounted read - write. 1) How do I mount a /home partition on domU? Do I need to create a file - backed VBD? The second entry for disk=[ '/dev/....' ] in the sample xmexample corresponds to /usr. How do I create a entry for /home?
You can use filebacked vbd, physical partitions or lvms - whatever you wish. Export that to Dom-U through its configuration file and mount it on the Dom-U.
2) I created a file - backed VBD for the / partition on domU. Is it possible to mount the / (root) partition of dom0 as root partition in domU, and be able to write to it?
You can do, but very dangerous. Exporting a filesystem which mounted read-write on Dom0 to a DomU read-write would corrupt the filesystem. You can do export it read-only which would be fine with /usr.
Thanks in advance,
Rajarshi