RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.3 change cdrom with windows 2003

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jman" <jmandawg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:17:07 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 20:17:41 -0700

Nevermind, I found the answer in an older post.

Here’s the solution, hope it can help someone else:

This is the config string in the .hvm config file:

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/VG_Guests/w2k3-001,ioemu:hda,w','phy:/dev/cdrom,hdb:cdrom,r' ]

Inside the VM press:

ctrl-alt-2

Type:
help <return>
eject hdb <return>

Now you should be able to eject the cd manually, and put in a different CD, now type:
change hdb /dev/cdrom

press ctrl-alt-1 to get back to the VM gui

The new disk should be mounted.

Does anyone know where there is more documentation?  The documentation seems to be hard to find.  I spent all day looking for this, and the man pages don’t seem to exist in my build. (ie. #man xm -> documentation not found)

--jman