Re: [Xen-users] internal mail servers together

Typically this would be accomplished just with different views in bind,
10.92.0.0/24 digging for a MX would get a different answer from the name
server than a public IP digging would receive.

To facilitate this in Xen simply use 2 nics in the dom-u's, one with a
public and one with a private IP.. make sure your switch / router allows
traffic to pass around on both networks, and be sure to assign the
v-nics (manually) different macs. Would also help to manually specify
the mac for the bridge.

If you give some indication of what OS dom-0 is running, I'm sure the
list could help you configure the bridges and vif's appropriately.
Likewise if you mention which mailer you will be using, I'm sure someone
can give you some pointers on how to properly configure the vhosts, or
will this be for a single domain only?

I think you could also do this with a shorewall nat on dom-0, but Bind
views would be a bit easier to manage and scale.

HTH,
-Tim