[Xen-users] Kernel panics and blank /var/log/messages?

Hello,

My Xen-ified kernel (3.0.3) on a dedicated host seems to be kernel- panicing upon boot. Since IPMI/SOL seems to be nonfunctional in the Xen kernel, I cannot tell what is causing the kernel to panic.

So I thought I'd check /var/log/messages. But to my surprise, that also seems to have no output for any messages generated by the Xen kernel. Why? (The default RHEL4.4 kernels seems to log to this file just fine, and I've checked syslog.conf which looks fine).

---
# Log anything (except mail) of level info or higher.
# Don't log private authentication messages!
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none /var/log/ messages
---
# Save boot messages also to boot.log
local7.* /var/log/ boot.log
---