Re: [Xen-users] SDL display of HVMs -- how?

Hugo Mills <hugo-xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 10/25/2006 11:43:14 AM:

>    I'm running Debian, so I don't have SDL-devel, but I've installed
> every sdl development package I can find, and rebuilt and reinstalled
> all the Xen tools and hypervisor from an updated copy of the hg repo.
> Still no luck. Where should I be looking for errors or diagnostics?
> There's nothing I can see obviously in the xend log file, for example.
>
>    What program/task is responsible for running the SDL display? Is
> there some way of determining what configuration / build options were
> picked by the make process?

SDL is built into qemu, so it is qemu that launches the SDL screen.

Looking at xen-unstable.hg/tools/ioemu/sdl.c I see that it includes SDL.h.

Also check out xen-unstable.hg/tools/ioemu/configure to see how it
determines if the system has the necessary SDL components for building SDL
support.

Steve D.