[Xen-users] Windows Multi-Processor under XEN??

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Nowatzki, Thomas L" <Thomas.Nowatzki@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 05:19:20 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 03:19:58 -0700

I am running the latest unstable XEN on a 16X Intel XEON machine with HT enabled.  I installed W2K3 (x86 version) quite easily but

I am having the hardest time getting more than a 1X to work.  I change the vcpus in the config file to 4 or 8, but I can never get

Windows VM to come up.

I've tried installing with 4 vcpus.  I tried installing with 4 vcpus and manually selecting the MPS HAL and another time the ACPI HAL.

I've tried changing the HAL and kernel selections with boot.ini.  I either get VM just stopping, or sometimes blue screening, sometimes it just stalls

during the boot.  I've tried different settings for the APIC and ACPI in the config file.

Any suggestion greatly appreciated.  (I am about to try W2K3 x64 version.)

thx