RE: [Xen-users] Getting frustrated with Xen (giving up for the time being)

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Art Fore <art.fore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 09:02:37 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 18:01:49 -0700

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 15:15 +0200, Petersson, Mats wrote:

> [...]
After starting over with a clean updated Suse 10.1 system, I did the
following

Copied the two patches into the patches directory.
Done a make clean
Then a make dist and make install

Followed the instructions for the grub menu.lst, even tried installing
it with YAST, System, Boot loader. No Difference.

Anyhow, just doing the make install screwed up the default Suse Xen
booting. Why?

Also get the same thing when trying to boot with the new Xen kernel.
Still can boot in non-zen kernel, so it seems to me the make dist, make
install, and instructions are all screwed up for installing in Suse
10.1.

I give up until someone with programming experience, the only
programming experience I have is with Basic, gets this to operate with
Suse 10.1 on Athlon 64 X2 processor with hypervisor and posts on the web
detailed instructions on how to get it to work.

Art