Re: [Xen-users] SPEC VIRT

On 1 Nov 2006 at 12:10, Tim Post wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 15:11 -0600, Tim Freeman wrote:
> > "The Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC) is forming a group
> > discuss whether virtualisation benchmarks are needed and, if so, then set
> > those
> > benchmarks over an estimated three-month process."
[...]
> I think its needed.. first and foremost in the web hosting industry.

Q: Isn't it sufficient to run a non-virtualization-aware benchmark within a
DomU
to get the performance of the virtualization? When running the same program in
camparable native environment, you could get the overhead of virtualization by
comparing the results, right?

> Many people pay for resources they just aren't getting as advertised,
> which gives the platform advertised a bad reputation.

Depends on the advertising...

[...]

Regards,
Ulrich