[Xen-users] SVM: Windows install Black Screen

Hi,
I've been attempting to install Windows XP SP2 in an HVM DomU.

I'm running Debian testing with xen-testing (3.0.3) on an AMD X2 64
(AM2).

The initial install of Windows is perfect, everything install without a
hitch (no more need for the F5 trick). However once the installation is
complete and windows "boots" for the first time after installation, I
see the qemu bios, then the VNC window size changes (as if windows is
changing the resolution), and it hangs at a black/blank screen. xm top
reports: CPU(sec) 1, CPU(%) = 0.0

I've tried this with many different settings in my hvm config: every
conceivable combination of the pae, acpi, and apic settings. I've also
tried NTFS and FAT during the install.

If I set the pae, acpi, and apic all to zero, I get the qemu bios, and
then a blank screen again, however the VN window size does not change,
and xm top reports: CPU(SEC) 201, CPU(%) = 99.0. So I can see that there
is some sort of race condition.

Has anyone had a similar issue or have any insight as to what the
problem may be?