RE: [Xen-users] Any recomendations for Motherboards?

  • To: "Doug" <xen-users-x@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 16:58:24 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:49:06 -0800

The are motherboards that are listed on the AMD "Recommended
Motherboards" page, with links to the manufacturers product site:
ASUS M2V:
http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=1171&l1=3&l2=101&l3
=0
GIGABYTE GA-M55S-S3:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?P
roductID=2384
MSI K9N Platinum
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?
UID=730

All of the above are ATX motherboards, supporting Cool&Quiet, Rev F2
processors and according to the manufacturers pictures have 4 slots for
memory.

As the processor supports addressing of 16GB modules [no manufacturers
available for 16GB modules tho'] and up to 4 in unbuffered mode
(buffered support in Opteron processors allow up to 8 slots per
processor), you shouldn't have any problem getting 8GB or more out of a
motherboard with 4 slots.

All have SATA and LAN hardware on board.

N.B: I haven't actually tried ANY of the above motherboards, I just
listed my three favourite "known to generally be good suppliers" and the
motherbaords I could find that matches your specifications.

--
Mats