RE: [Xen-users] hvm_debug option in Xen works ?

From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ranganathan, Shobha
Sent: 31 October 2006 17:45
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] hvm_debug option in Xen works ?

I edited the line as “kernel /xen-3.0.gz hvm_debug=1”

I did not *see* any HVM_DBG_LOG messages .I was of course looking for the ones in “vmx_do_msr_read” function in vmx.c

I issued “dmesg” and “xm dmesg” in both guest and host OS. Any ideas  why this is not working?

Setting hvm_debug=2 may work better, as the value 1 will only print debug messages at DBG_LEVEL_0 (1 << 0). Or you could set it to 3, to get both the level 0 and level 1 debug output. Or set it to "15" to get "all numbered levels".

xm dmesg should show these prints, but of course, it DOES assume that you set the right bit in the level. [Level is a bit weird usage, if the actual selection criteria is a bitmask, but never mind...]

--

Mats

Regards

Shobha Ranganathan

"The significant challenges we face cannot be resolved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." Albert Einstein