[Xen-users] converting ntfs > xen image ? viable?

hi

im wondering if i can 'convert' and existing physical windows partition to a
xen image like this:

- mount the existing ntfs fs
- use dd to make a correct sized foo.img file
- loop back mount foo.img
- ntfs format (as bootable?) foo.img
- 'cp -r ' the files from the  mounted ntfs to the mounted and formated
foo.img
- use the disk=['file:...foo.img' etc] clause to use it in xen

I'd just try this myself, but Im having other issues (seems ubuntu amd64 and
xen dont play well together)  so I cant really experiment with xen or this
yet - but still need to think through my options and know im heading down an
achievable path

thanks for input
Glenn