[Xen-users] Debian Etch dom0

Hi folks,

I have a weird problem using Debian Etch for dom0. When I start my domU I get the message:

fsck.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/sda3
Since my root partition is also ext3 this cannot be a problem of missing ext3 support.

This problem occurs with Debian Sarge domU as well as Debian Etch domU.

I have set up a similar system with Debian Sarge as dom0 where this problem does not occur. Both systems use a 2.6.16 kernel for dom0 and domUs and Xen 3.0.2. In both cases I have used debootstrap to populate the domU. Both domU kernels (that on the Etch dom0 and that on the Sarge dom0) are compiled with exactly the same config.

I have searched the net for hints on where the problem might come from but found nothing appropriate. I am sure it is not a Xen problem, but since there is much Debian knowledge on the list I hope someone can push me the right direction.

Thanks for any hint or help.

Dirk