Re: [Xen-users] domU's dropping network config under heavy disk and network I/O

Jerry Amundson wrote:
On 11/8/06, Nathan Valentine <nvalentine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

dom0: FC5 running kernel 2.6.17-1.2187_FC5xen0
domU: FC5 running kernel 2.6.17-1.2187_FC5xenU

Both are patched up to the latest and greatest.

I've been trying to rsync about 100GBs of data to the domU but every
hour or so the domU drops its network config. There's nothing in the
logs on either the dom0 or domU to indicate any kind of problem with the
network or the storage subsystem. The domU does not drop network config
under any other circumstances.

Sorry, can't help with the rsync issue.
But... why use rsync? The data is local to dom0? Can't you present it
as storage (lvm, etc) to the domU? I'm missing something here??

jerry

I'm sure that we can think of many workarounds, but it's an acceptable expectation that a domU would continue to run under normal uses like transferring a lot of data and then storing it to disk. I don't think that's out of the ordinary at all. :)

I'm curious about what "drop network config" means, as well.

--
Christopher G. Stach II