Re: [Xen-users] how do i compile hvmloader?

"joeri Belis" <Joeri.Belis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 11/09/2006 08:25:05 AM:

> I have installed xen 3.0.3 and kernel from compiling the source

> But trying to run w2k , it seems to need hvmloader.

> I tried "make install tools". But still no hvmloader.

> How do I get it?

Do you have the dev86 package installed?  It is needed to build the
firmware.  The tools/firmware/Makefile checks for the existence of the bcc
compiler from the dev86 package.  If it is not installed, it issues the
warning:
WARNING: Install dev86 package to build firmware!
         (http://www.cix.co.uk/~mayday)

The warning will not stop the build process.  It's easy for it to scroll by
on the screen without noticing it.  Check the output from your build and
see if the warning message is there.  Better yet, check to make sure you
have the dev86 package installed.

Steve D.