Re: [Xen-users] domU's dropping network config under heavy disk and network I/O

It was as if the domU lost its DHCP lease...which, after more testing,
is precisely what seems to have happened. No IP address, no routes, etc
etc. I changed the domU from DHCP to static addressing and re-ran the
data copies and they completed as expected.

It seems that perhaps under high disk or network I/O the DHCP client on
the domU stops renewing/honoring leases. This could be a problem with
the process not getting scheduled (it hasn't died) but I suspect that it
has more to do with the Xen Ethernet bridge flaking out.

Not sure how to debug that though and it is only a hunch. As I said
before, neither the logs on the domU nor on the dom0 show anything
unusual. At least not that I've found so far.

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 13:13 -0800, Luke Crawford wrote:
> what does "dropping network config" mean?
>
> what does ifconfig look like before and after?  anything relevant in dmesg
> or syslog?

---
Nathan Valentine - nvalentine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Systems/Network Admin