Re: [Xen-users] APIC support

Petersson, Mats a écrit :
-----Original Message-----
From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of shal@xxxxxxx
Sent: 09 November 2006 15:51
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] APIC support

Hello,

I am new in xen world.

I have a bug.

My configuration:
Fedora Core 6 x86_64 with Core 2 Duo (6700) on a P965 Intel motherboard.
The VT technology is ON in BIOS.

I have try to install a Windows XP SP2 on a full virtualiztion.
I have succes for the first step : windows CD boot and copy files for
installation . But when the windows restart there are problem.

problems depends of the configuration.

If apic is on I have:

(XEN) (GUEST: 24)
(XEN) (GUEST: 24) Booting from Hard Disk...
(XEN) (GUEST: 24) unsupported PCI BIOS function 0x0E
(XEN) (GUEST: 24) int13_harddisk: function 15, unmapped device for ELDL=81 (XEN) (GUEST: 24) *** int 15h function AX=E980, BX=00F2 not yet supported!
(XEN) hvm_vioapic_write_indirect: version register read only
(XEN) hvm_vioapic_write_indirect: version register read only
(XEN) hvm_vioapic_write_indirect: version register read only
(XEN) This hvm_vlapic is for P4, no work for De-assert init

This is NOT a problem - just warnings that the OS is trying to do things
that doesn't make sense on this version of APIC - which is probably
necessary to do in some circumstances (I'm not that keyed up on
different APIC versions - but the fact that there is a write to a
read-only register is a pointer towards "OS doing things that it
shouldn't do", but it's also harmless to write to a read-only
register...)

Does this work besides the warning messages.
Ok, thank you.
But the problem is that the Windows OS does not boot.
I have the progression bar but at the end of the progression bar the system crash.

I will investigate tomorrow with apic on.