RE: [Xen-users] no SDL window during Windows install ( XEN-3.0.3-testing)

  • To: "Anirban Chakraborty" <anirbanchak@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 20:03:03 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:03:58 -0800

That doesn't seem like an error that should cause the SDL window to not
appear - but I'm not sure where the error comes from, so I can't say for
sure.

Check the that you have CONFIG_SDL in the .../tools/ioemu direcotry (I
think it's in the target-i386-dm/config.h that this definition lives
in). If not, you're not going to get a SDL window.

One potential problem here is if you install the SDL packages AFTER the
first attempt to build Xen, it won't pick up that your configuratin has
changed, so if you did that (or you're not sure), go to .../tools/ioemu
and check for the CONFIG_SDL, if it's not present run ./configure in the
same directory. Then check again that it's set - if not, you haven't got
the SDL packages you need installed.

I hope this helps.

--
Mats