RE: [Xen-users] Display/Console for HVM domUs

  • To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, XenUsers <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: jdsw <jdsw2002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:52:34 -0800 (PST)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:53:02 -0800

I do not agree with that. In virtualized worldit is convenient to have access to the . console window. (similar to paravirtualized VM or VNC).
Also, people are used to killing windows and expecting that the process goes away, it is a big leap to think  that the whole machine is shutdown/destroyed. Also, quite inconsistent from VNC behavior. One has to think... is this VNC window I am closing or SDL window ?

There must be some  reason for not doing (being able to do this). Would like to understand it better
Thanks
/Jd

"Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Seeing as there's (apparently) no way to resurrect the console window,
it's probably not such a good idea to close it in the first place...