[Xen-users] Detecting I/O contention

We are experiencing cripplingly slow performance in some of our domUs on
a Xen 2.0.7 host.  There is plenty of CPU available, plenty of RAM and
plenty of disk space.  We suspect the issue is either network or disk
I/O contention.  How does one detect excessive disk or network I/O
contention in Xen?

We do notice the "event" process in the dom0 frequently consuming 40% to
50% of the CPU cycles.  I assume this is a bad thing. Is that correct?
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

If you would like to participate in the development of an open source
enterprise class network security management system, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net