Re: [Xen-users] bridge with IP address, "received packet with own address as source address"

On 10 Nov 2006 at 19:43, Jaroslaw Zdrzalek wrote:

> probably there is some kind of problem with you network-bridge script.

Hi, good hint! Having had a look it seems some magic is connected to the
"hwddev"
variable, but I don't use it so far. I use this to manage the two bridges:

"$DIR/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=bond0 bridge=xenbr0
"$DIR/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1 netdev=bond1 bridge=xenbr1

Why does the script do a
    . /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-${hwddev}
instead of a
    . /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-${netdev}
?

> the bondX interfaces, when used as physical interfaces for xen,
> should become renamed to pbond0. I miss these in you ifconfig output.

Would be great if those HOWTOs around would be better: There's little use if
you
follow som instructions, and these instructions don't work. Before I complain
at
Novell about it, can anybody help to do it right first, please?

> The newly created virtual interfaces will then get the config
> from the physical.
> Try to use original scripts from xen or that from debian,
> maybe is suse doing somthing diffrent, dont know.

[...]

I know that there's something wrong, but I'd like to learn what.

Regards,
Ulrich