Re: [Xen-devel] unmodified_drivers build fails in latest unstable version

Steven,

I was trying to build inside Dom0, which is a Xen aware kernel. Am I supposed to boot back into SusE and build the drivers there? Perhaps, I need to build the drivers in the VM itself? Also, am I using the proper syntax for the build? And has the build been known to work on an x64 based system?

Thanks for your help.

Steven Smith wrote:
SLES10x64:/tmp/xen-unstable.hg/unmodified_drivers/linux-2.6 # ./mkbuildtree Defaulting to this machine's architecture, x86_64, for linking.
This may be overridden on the command line (i386,x86_64,ia64).
SLES10x64:/tmp/xen-unstable.hg/unmodified_drivers/linux-2.6 # make -C /lib/modules/2.6.16.29-xen/build M=$PWD modules
Is 2.6.16.29-xen a native kernel?  The unmodified drivers are intended
to be loaded into non-Xen-aware kernels running in fully-virtualised
HVM domains.  They're unlikely to work if compiled against a Xen aware
kernel, and wouldn't be terribly useful in that case, since the
ordinary drivers do the same thing better.

Steven.