Re: [Xen-users] Running RHEL4 domain U in a FC5 domain0

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 18:26 -0800, Stefano Harding wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to get a RedHat 4 guest OS running under a Fedora Core 5
> domain 0. I have several FC5 guest os's running without a problem but
> have had no luck trying to figure out how to get RHEL to install and
> run. I've google'ed for days and tried all kinds of stuff with no
> success. Anyone out there able to get RHEL4 running as a guest domain?
> Any help is greatly appreciated!

have a look at http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Centos4Yuminstallation
all you need is to adapt the Yum configs to fetch RHEL4 packages.
A possible solution for that (AFAIK theres no public RHEL Repository)

*) copy all packages from your RHEL Media to a local FTP/HTTP
    accessable store
*) get the createrepo package (yum -y install createrepo, or
    http://linux.duke.edu/projects/metadata/
*) create the repository for the local Packages
*) modify the Yum.repo Config file to fetch the packages from your
    FTP/HTTP Repository

the rest should be done as mentioned on the Centos4Yuminstallation
WikiPage

Kind regars
Michael Lang

Michael Lang <Michael.Lang@xxxxxxxxxx>