[Xen-users] Regarding Xenstore/Xenbus

Hi everyone,

I have installed Xen on OpenSUSE Linux 10.1 and am just starting to develop with Xen. I want to implement a very straightforward application in domUs which simply gets notified whenever a resource provisioning change (specifically for cpu/memory allocation) is made for that particular domU using for example xm mem-set. From the readings that I have done so far it seems that since xenstore is a shared database between all the domains which keeps track of domain specific values(including values of allocated resources) and that it can be accessed through xenbus from domUs so what I need to do is to write a program that would access xenstore from withing that domU over xenbus. Or more specifically I will have to register a 'watch' in xenstore (just as the balloon driver does) to monitor memory values. I don't know whether this is true or not. I would greatly appreciate if someone could verify this understanding or point me in the right direction. Also if this is true some pointers to start developing with xenbus/xenstore would be very helpful.

A prompt response will be appreciated as I am running on a deadline :)

Thanks.
-Umar