[Xen-users] Cannot connect to VNC

  • To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Morten Christensen <mc-xen@xxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:08:42 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:09:12 -0800

I try to install Windows XP on an AM2-box with Debian unstable and Xen 3.0.3.

I can get the XP-install to start but cannot find any way to see the domU-display with vnc.

If I have a domU.cfg of:

sdl = 1
vnc = 0
vncviewer = 0
stdvga = 1

then I get a sdl-window on the dom0-window.

If I have a domU.cfg of:

sdl = 0
vnc = 1
vncviewer = 0
stdvga = 1

nothing happens when I try to connect with a vncviewer. I have tried all combinations I can image, mostly "ip.of.my.dom0:domU_id" . From dom0, nothing happens. From a windows-box I an told, that vnc cannot connect io server.

From the windows-box I can vnc to dom0 with "ip.of.my.dom0" , and from dom0 I can vnc to the windows-box.

I have googled without luck. Where can I find some background-material or FAQ about Xen and VNC ?

--
Morten Christensen