[Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] Re: OpenBSD/i386 on Xen 3 with HVM]

  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 06:20:57 +1100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:21:33 -0800

--- Begin Message ---
Henning Sprang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 11/20/06, Xen Maiing Lists <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> [...]
>> You may have seen this project for OpenBSD on xen, which doesn't need
>> hvm mode.
>
> Thanks. Still, I want to just drop in an iso and try new versions of
> these Unixes, just for curiosity and playing around. So being able to
> beeot them in hvm mode would be really cool.
This is also why I want to get it up and running.  Packet filter over
iptables is a big advantage for the BSD's.

>> I can get the Openbsd kernel to boot, however I have trouble getting it
>> to find the ramdisk.  Perhaps someone can help me from here.
>
> when xen doesn't find the ramdisk, it does not boot the machine at
> all. In your logs it seesm to boot, and I see no message about a
> missing ramdisk - are you sure the problem is the ramdisk?
>
> Maybe the developers working on it have some more hints.
> Henning

I am not a developer, so I kind of get lost at being thrown into the
debugger. I just saw the panic about the root filesystem and assumed it
was the ramdisk. I have emailed the developers and they are not quite
ready to share yet as it is not stable.  However, I don't need
production quality stability as I am just trying to learn to tcp/ip and pf.

--
Ben

--- End Message ---

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0649-2, 20/11/2006
Tested on: 22/11/2006 6:20:59 AM