[Xen-users] How to eject cdrom bound to a paravirt domU

  • From: Patrick Scharrenberg <pittipatti@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 15:40:14 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 06:40:33 -0800

Hi!

I would like to use my cdrom-drive in a paravirt domU, so I made the
physical blockdevice available for the domU.
Unfortunately the drive's door is locked as soon as the domU is started
and I haven't found a way to open it without shutting down this domU.

I tried the following disk-configs:

|'phy:/dev/hda,hda,r'|
|'phy:/dev/hda,hda:cdrom,r'|

|here it seems that it's always made available as a disk not as cdrom.

|'tap:aio:/dev/hda,hda,r'|
|'tap:aio:/dev/hda,hda:cdrom,r'|
these don't work at all.

Unlocking the door with "hdparm -L0" doesn't work either.

So, is there a way to use a cdrom in a paravirt domU as cdrom or is this
a missing feature?

I'm using xen-unstable by the way.

Thanks
Patrick