Re: [Xen-users] Xen Dom0 with FibreChannel (FC) can't export disk to DomU

Petersson, Mats schrieb:

-----Original Message-----
From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Dietmar Simons
Sent: 23 November 2006 15:59
To: Xen users mailing list
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen Dom0 with FibreChannel (FC) can't
export disk to DomU

Hello all,

I have a problem with Xen and FibreChannel.

The Dom0 can't export a Disk on a FibreChannel SAN-Box to the DomU's.

In the DomU configuration I try:

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/sdb1,/dev/sda1,w' ]
or
disk = [ 'file:/mnt/sambashare.img,sda1,w' ]

Try
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/sdb1,/dev/hda1,w' ]
disk = [ 'file:/mnt/sambashare.img,hda1,w' ]

Respectively, and see if that works - if you haven't got a SCSI type
driver in DomU, your DomU system probably wont have "sdax" devices
(where a is an alpha-character, x a number).

--
Mats

Hi Mats,

thanks for your help, and I try it like your description, but nothing. There is no device sdax or hdax.

My DomU based on Dom0, there are the same drivers, modules and kernels.

LSI Modules call mpt.... (e.g. mptfc)

--
Dietmar