[Xen-users] Xen 3.0.3 with a AMD X2 processor

Another step in my test on my new M2NPV-VM MB for Xen install.

I have installed XP on a virtual disk (a file) using qemu. Install go to the end correctly and I can boot XP, login and use it.

Now I boot a Xen kernel, installed from 3.0.3 binary tarball, start Domu with XP disk and XP don't start. Screen go blank after 2 resize and all is freeze in Domu.

So, i suppose, current Xen version is not able to use SVM capability of my MB/Processor.

My test box is:

Hardware : MB Asus M2NPV-VM with Nvidia chipset and 1 Gb RAM
           AMD Athlon X2 processor (dual core - SVM capable)
Software : Ubuntu 6.06,Ubuntu 6.10 both for i386 and for AMD64
           and FC6 for i386

Xen : last binary tarball 3.0.3 for 32 bit SMP and for 64 bit SMP

Regards

Franco