Re: [Xen-users] ifup fails on CentOS 4

Eric Benton wrote:
There are a lot of problems related to the vif,
Try to send teh xen log files at /var/log/xen*
and see the xm dmesg output...
ifup is just a script, try to add "prints" and see where it fails...
From what I can tell it's just an issue with the script, networking is fine once I bring it up and the other distros I'm running don't have this issue.

In the script it looks like the REALDEVICE variable is never getting set, I added an echo statement and it just comes out blank. If I add REALDEVICE=eth0 to the script it errors out looking for ifcfg-ifcfg-eth0.

if  ! arping -q -c 2 -w 3 -D -I ${REALDEVICE} ${IPADDR} ; then
       echo $"Error, some other host already uses address ${IPADDR}."
       echo "Real device is: $REALDEVICE"
       exit 1
fi

I guess this isn't an issue with Xen so I'll have to submit a bug report to CentOS.