[Xen-users] Why the unmodified guest os can run on xen while hardware supports VT?

Hi, xen-users:

    I am a newbie of xen but I am very interest in it. I have read the
documents in xen's homepage but I still have a problem here:

    I know that xen will run in "ring 0" in x86's protection mode and
xen will run the guest OS in "ring 1", this is done by modifying the
guest OS's kernel codes. My question is why we shouldn't modify the
guest os's kernel while the hardware supports VT technology -- such as a
Intel's CPU which supports VT.

    Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Eric Zhang