Re: [Xen-users] Trying to get CentOS guest running, but xm cant find the kernel image.

Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On 11/28/06, Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 11/29/06, Jim Lynch <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > [...]
>> > Does this mean anything to anyone?
>>
>> from your first mail: "I obviously missed the step to create an initrd
>> but that's not my
>> current problem."
>>
>> So now, this is your current problem - your initrd doesn't match the
>> Kernel you are trying to run. create an initrd for your xen kernel
>> with mkinitramfs or mkinitrd.
>
> This echoes my thoughts, also.
>
> In addition, you might think about giving the guest...
> 1. More RAM (though, with a correct initrd it should boot with 64 MB).
> 2. runlevel ("extra" param) of 3 - the sysv systems I'm used to she 4
> as unused...
>
> jerry

Thanks, I have plenty of ram so I can spare more.  This is a 2 Gib
machine and domain0 is only using 256 Mib at this time.  The reason
those parameters are set that way is because that's what the example
had.  I'll take your advice, I've never seen anyone use level 4 but I
thought possibly xen might be for some reason.

Jim.