RE: [Xen-users] big latency, packet losses with HVM guests

  • To: "Tomasz Chmielewski" <mangoo@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:57:30 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 06:58:47 -0800

Well, it's only one CPU in the sense that it occupies one socket, rather
than the number of actual "Central Processing Units" it uses. In fact
some of the early Intel ones are even separate chips mounted in one
package - but either way, there is definitely two separate units, so the
OS should behave just like if you have two sockets for two single-core
CPU's [except for the NUMA awareness and some other things where the
"which socket this is matters"].

You can use "xm vcpu-set 0 1" to set the number of CPU's in Dom0. And
you probably also want to use "xm vcpu-pin 0 0 0" to force the first
core to be Dom0, and "xm vcpu-pin <domu-id> 0 1" to set the second
domain to run on the second core.

--
Mats