Re: [Xen-users] xen 3 on non VT processors

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 22:26 +0100, Ramanalinarivo Sandrinah Vonisoa
Annie wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a Celeron M on my laptop, and AMD Sempron 3000+ on Desktop.
> All are 32bit, non VT ones.
> I will run Ubuntu Edgy as host system, and Fedora and Debian (not always
> simultaneously) as guests. There will be only Linux OSes.
> Will it be OK?

Absolutely. We use Xen on every server if for nothing else than a means
of easy remote recovery. Sometimes we just make 1 guest, and give the
guest the full resources of the server. Saves us many trips to the data
center.

Ubuntu is also a very good choice :) If you plan on using KDE and
friends on dom-0 you may want to go with Dapper vs Edgy. I haven't tried
Edgy in a few weeks so it may be a little more stable than it was the
last time I used it.

I have over 400 + co-located servers from dual P-III's all the way up to
new AMD Athalon X2's, all using Xen and all very happy. Our over all
up-time has really increased since we phased it in.

Considering its free, and installation is rather simple its sort of
silly not to use it.. even just for a management layer.

Best,
-Tim