Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.3 with WinXP SP2 and SUSE ES SP3

Mark T. Regan, K8MTR wrote:
I'm looking at installing Xen 3.0.3 for use on a DELL Dimension E510 PC that I currently have set up to dual boot between WinXP SP2 and SUSE Enterprise Server v9 with SP3. Will Xen install okay and use these existing OS installations? Note, I was able to run the demo okay on this PC.

As far as I can tell, the Pentium 4 processor in this system doesn't support the vt extensions. This rules out running Windows as a hardware assisted DomU. It is planned that SLES 9 will have a kernel made available to support it as a para-virtualised DomU. As far as I'm aware this hasn't yet been made available though.

Which demo were you able to run successfully?

Jon