[Xen-users] Vif order

I have more than one vif configured for each of my domUs using something
like this in their config files:

vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3E:00:21:0C','mac=00:16:3E:00:01:0C' ]

It used to be the case (pre 3.0.3, although it's hard to say exactly
when the change occured), I think, that the first one would always be
vif1.0 and the second one would be vif1.1 (for the first domU).
However, using a recent xen-unstable (post 3.0.3) the ordering of them
seems to be effectively random, and there is a reasonable chance that
the second will be vif1.0 and the first vif1.1.

I can of course override the default naming and force the first to be
vif1.0 using the vifname option, but this doesn't alter their naming in
Xenstore.  I would end up with /local/domain/0/vif/1/0 being called
vif1.1 and /local/domain/0/vif/1/1 being vif1.0 which can get confusing
to say the least.

Does anyone know a way to force the ordering to be as specified in the
configuration file, or alternatively what it is that determines the
ordering so I can modify it to get the behaviour I want?

Thanks

Kieran