[Xen-users] 3D acceleration question (again)

Hi,
I know this subject has been discussed several times here on the list before, but I'd like to bring it up again.

From what I have read in the Wiki's FAQ and the list here, an IOMMU would cure the problem of translating the IO-Addresses for accessing the GFX card directly.

From what I have read, the Pacifica architecture inside the AMD Athlon64s respectively the CPU's northbridge provides an IOMMU.
Is this correct?
Could this be used for the previously discussed address translations?
If so, are there any plans yet on using this unit and could one get direct access to the GFX card so full hardware acceleration was possible?

Thank you in advance.
 André