Re: [Xen-users] qemu

Jiri,

Thanks for your response, I figured it out eventually - I have windows installed and working... except for one thing, the network adapter does not install. This is because I have;

vif = [ ' ' ] and what I should have is vif = [ 'type=ioemu' ] - However, if I have this configuration the virtual machine doesn't start, looking in the most recent qemu log reveals that the TAP device could not be created, I have TUN/TAP installed as a kernel module - has anyone seen this sort of problem before? Have any idea how to fix?

Ryan.

Jiri Denemark wrote:
In my /var/log/xen folder I have a bunch of qemu log files, when I try to create my windows xp setup domain a new one is created with this output;

domid: 10
qemu: the number of cpus is 1
qemu: could not open hard disk image 'sys_vg/windows_os'

AFAIK you have to use full path to the disk device (including /dev) if you
want to use an LVM volume as a disk for your HVM guest. That is, instead

    disk = [ 'phy:sys_vg/windows_os,ioemu:hda,w' ]

you should use

    disk = [ 'phy:/dev/sys_vg/windows_os,ioemu:hda,w' ]

Jirka