RE: [Xen-users] Xen kernel panic on FC5

Just "removing" the initrd will absolutely NOT solve the problem.

The general problem with "not finding the root" is that there isn't the
right driver for the hard-disk that contains the root-partition
filesystem. Or in relevant cases, not the right file-system driver for
the filesystem that is ON said root-partition.

Figuring out what device you've got on the motherboard, and adding the
right kernel drivers to support that device is what you need to do. You
can either enable it as a module or as a built-in driver. I'd suggest
you use built-in driver, as that enables you to just copy the kernel
image, rather than a bunch of steps of copying kernel + modules and
building new initrd file.

You may need more than one driver enabled to make the full boot process.

--
Mats