[Xen-users] DomU three nic limit status

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Mark Menard <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:18:29 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:18:44 -0800

This is from an email to the dev list on 12 July 2006 by Iam Pratt:

> We need to add a hypercall to xen to allow a guest to extend the size
> of it's grant table. This should be straightforward, but in its
> current absence is the restriction which leads to the current ``max 3
> VIF's per guest'' limit. Actually, this restriction could also be
> solved by making the allocation of grant table entries to a VIF
> dynamic, as already happens with the blkfront driver. We should
> implement both strategies forthwith.

I'm curious what the status of this issue is. I'd like to have more than
three vif's per guest for consolidation reasons. If there is support for
this in unstable I'd start working with it and give it some testing.

Take care,

Mark