[Xen-users] 64 or 32 bit dom0?

I'm sure this was asked before, but after poking around in the search results I didn't found a real answer to my quesiton.

I'm going to install Xen on a Core 2 Duo.
I think I'll make the domU 32-bit for now as it's a desktop system and I 'm not sure whether I want to take the burdens of having another chroot or anything else just to have some non-compatible apps running.

But I don't know what to use for the dom0.
As I understand I could make xen itself running on 64-bit using a fully virtualized 32-bit domU (does this mean the domU will not be paravirtualized?)

Will this have any advantage? I have only 2GB of ram but I read that using 64-bit can lead to better performance.

Or will this make things even slower?

Help... ;)