[Xen-users] Xen network configuration

Can anyone tell me what they would do for a network configuration for this scenerio?

I want to create 8 VMs on a single host, I have 5 network cards.  All the VMs will be on the same network and talking with other physical machines on the lab network.  I have chosen to create a single bridge for each network card, and assign 1-2 VMs per bridge, and a total of 5 bridges.  This seems to work.  Other than using PCI pass-through to access the nics directly is there any other better configuration to get the best performance?  I have tried "bonding" several NICS together for load balancing (on SLES10) then using one bridge, but that doesn't have as good of performance.  What do other users/customers typically do for this situation?

Thanks,
Glen