RE: [Xen-users] Research -> do participate.....

  • To: "anant" <ANigam@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:36:27 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:43:01 -0800

I have myself installed on a couple of different Fedora Core versions (4
i686 and 4-pre-x86_64), using mainly the at time of installation current
version of Xen-unstable (of course, there are several updates per day on
this, so the exact version is hard to determine).

Hardware
All and any of:
Pre-production AMD Athlon64 Dual Core (several different CPU's)
Production Athlon64 FX-62.
Pre-production[1] Opteron 2216 dual core, dual socket (4 cores in
total).

Configurations used:
Xen-32
Xen-32p [pae]
Xen-64

OS installation.
Windows 2003 Server, 32-bit version.
Windows XP from pre-installed image (produced by one of my collegues).

[1] These are essentially the same as the current production silicon,
but they are marked as "Engineering sample" as the production silicon
was not available when I got those. There are no functional differences
when it comes to the ability to run HVM.

--
Mats