Re: [Xen-users] How to setup network configuration in guest domain.

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 14:59 +0530, trilok nuwal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to setup network congfiguration in my guest domain. How this
> can be setup so that my dom0 should be pingable  from my guest domain.
> Because i wanted to mount NFS location to my guest domain.
>
> Thanks in advance for help.
>
> Trilok

You would do this as you would normally. For all intensive purposes,
dom-0 and your guest can be counted as two completely separate machines.
I'm assuming dom-0 has an IP, just provide one for your guest.

Another useful way of doing this is bringing up a second bridge that
doesn't port any physical ethernet device, and using it as you would a
dumb ethernet switch. This lets you have a public and private network,
the private being between the guests themselves and dom-0. Each guest
gets 2 vif's, one using the public bridge, one using the dummy (private)
bridge.

If you give an indication of what OS you're using on dom-0, it would be
easier to give some examples or better pointers. I'm happy to help with
anything GNU .. but don't often venture into Fedora or other yum-ish
distros with bridged networking or Xen.

Best,
-Tim