Re: [Xen-users] usage of the extra parameter in vm configs

M.A. Williamson wrote:
> Out of interest, would anybody on the users list object to a general
> shift towards supplying the whole command line in one variable, rather
> than piecemeal in specially named fields? We wouldn't have to break
> backwards compatibility to do this...

I'd prefer that they be consolidated, as well.  As you said, the ip,
extra, etc. variables assume that the guest is Linux.  That is obviously
not always the case.  Having one generic cmdline variable would be
generic enough and keep all of the relevant information in one location.
 Simplifying the config file parsing would also be nice for future
automated tools.

--
Christopher G. Stach II